Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sylvania-diorama!



Hey Everyone! It has been quite awhile since I last updated and I'm really sorry about that. As you can see, I've been a bit busy with my latest Sylvanian project, which involves creating this little picnic diorama!

A few weeks, I decided get a couple of these Candy toys from my friend Kiki's, online shop BeHappy!. Now, if you don't already know she is selling a huge joblot of Candy toys at heavily discounted prices!



Anyway, I did recieved my package yesterday from Kiki's yesterday with the two sets, I bought!


White Bear's Ice Cream Shop #3 by Megahouse


French Treats and Snacks #3 by Rement



As for the display case, I got it for a mere SGD$2(About GBP£1) at a Japanese dollar store called Daiso. As for the green felt used for the bushes and grass, they purcashed from Spotlight, a craft shop. The little sign at the back and cooler box were handmade by me using ordinary Popsicle sticks, glue and paints.


A picnic fit for a king?


Finished product (With acrylic casing)


Finished product (Without acrylic casing)


Contrary to popular belief, one need not spend a small fortune or a great deal of time creating such dioramas. Below is my total expenditure for creating this diorama, which took me about a Saturday afternoon worth to complete, excluding the time waiting for the package!

Re-Ment and Megahouse Items - SGD$11.95 (Including Postage)
Display Case - SGD$2.00
Green Felt (One piece) - SGD$1.95
Popsicle Sticks - SGD$1.50 for a pack of 100
Babblebrook Rabbit and Evergreen Bear Figures - 298円 (About SGD$4.45)

Total Expenditure: SGD$21.85 (About GBP£10.70)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow~Rocky~Amazing Update!! This Sylvania-diorama project is really a excellent work!! So smart,creative and lovely! I like it so much! I saw the display case before at Daiso, hope is still available, your idea inspired me....Heehe, Thanks for everythings, looking forward to seeing your new project!!(^^*)/